A ceremonial Japanese grade tea shade-grown for a few weeks before it is harvested. This process increases the chlorophyll levels and gives Matcha its vibrant green color.
Matcha is high in the catechin EGCG (epigallocatechin gallate) believed to have cancer-fighting effects on the body. Studies have also linked green tea to a variety of health benefits, such as helping to prevent heart disease, type 2 diabetes and weight loss.
Use 1/4 teaspoon per 4 oz. of water. Whisk the Matcha powder with a bamboo whisk in a bowl with the water at 180º F until the Matcha powder is completely dissolved to create a frothy, bright green, nourishing beverage. Once prepared, it should be consumed in its entirety.
Buy 2 / 2oz. canisters of Matcha - Get 1 Matcha Whisk included FREE with your purchase.
Krumkake Cookie Recipe
1 Tbsp. matcha powder
1/2 cup of water
2 cups of powdered sugar
1 1/2 cups of sugar
1 12 cups all-purpose flour
8 oz. melted butterINSTRUCTIONS
- Place matcha powder in a small bowl. Add water and stir to mix well.
- Place a sheet pan next to cooktop where you’ll be making the cookies. Pour powdered sugar onto the sheet pan in a 6” – 8” pile.
- Crack eggs into a mixing bowl, add sugar and beat with an electric mixer until just blended.
- Add flour and beat some more to mix.
- Add butter and beat to mix well.
- Add dissolved matcha and beat to mix well.
- Heat a Krumkake iron over medium heat. Dollop 1 teaspoonful batter onto iron. Cook for 1 minute on each side.
- Lift out cookie, roll onto a rolling form and roll into powdered sugar. Place finished Krumkake onto a platter and repeat until you have no more batter.