Irish Scone Recipe
Traditional Irish Scones & Clotted Cream Recipe
- Preheat your oven to 425ºF
- Sift flour, baking powder, and salt into a large bowl
- Stir in the sugar
- Using a fork or a whisk, mix the egg with the buttermilk
- Make a well in the middle in the flour mixture.
- Slowly add the buttermilk and egg mixture until the dough is soft. It should come together where you can handle it without it being very sticky
- Place the dough on a floured surface and knead to remove any cracks. If it's too sticky add more flour
- Roll the dough to 1 inch thickness
- Using a floured glass or cookie cutter, cut the dough into round shapes or triangles
- Place scones onto a floured and buttered baking sheet or parchment paper. Your should get about 12 scones depending on the size.
- Bake scones for 10-15 minutes or until they are golden brown
Enjoy them warm with jam and Clotted Cream (recipe below).
- 1 cup of heavy cream
- 1/3 cup of sour cream
- 1 Tbsp. of powdered sugar
Whisk heavy cream until it forms stiff peaks. Whisk in the sour cream and powdered sugar until it's all combined. Store in the refrigerator.